I heard a Spanish person the other day refer to themselves as Latina. It really upset me. They are not Latinos, they are the conquerors, and they shouldn’t be allowed to call themselves Latino. The only similarity is the language we speak. And I told her this and she responded that she is from Spain which speaks Spanish which was derived from Latin, so she was in fact Latina. Was she right? If she was right then we need another word describing our race because over my dead body do the white people who came and stole land, and do al the shit they do best get to come back and call themselves one of us…..
- dvniela said: First of all, languages that are derived from Latin are called ‘Romance’ languages (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ro…). So, she would be “Romanic,” if anything, but she can’t have been more than a cunt with a stick up her ass.
- honor-not-honors said: that Spaniard is full of shit. by their logic, Romanians, French people, and Italians are “Latina” too. “Latina”, by definition, is short for “Latinoamericana”, and refers to the part of *America* where Latin languages are spoken.
- honor-not-honors likes this
- fiend-for-nicotine said: She’s not latina but why worry about a label. Its only dividing the people further.
- theconsciencelatina posted this